Friday, September 21, 2007

Independence Elementary School - Mrs. Wilkinson's 1st Grade Class

Hello! My name is Flat Stanley! I am a first grader at Independence Elementary School in St. Charles, Missouri. St. Charles is about 50 miles west of St. Louis. St. Louis is the home of the St. Louis Cardinals, World Series Champions in 2006, and the St. Louis Rams football team. Another neat fact about St. Louis is that the Arch is here! My first grade teacher is Mrs. Wilkinson. I have 21 students in my class. We go to school year round! That means that we go to school for 9 to 10 weeks and then are off for 3 weeks. We have breaks or vacations in Sept.-Oct, Dec. and March. We get off for 6 weeks in the summer!

I lead an interesting life. I have one younger brother named Arthur. I have a dog named, Lucky, and a cat named, Cookie. My favorite foods to eat are chocolate chip cookies, spaghetti, and lamb chops! I love to play Mario golf, limbo, and watch “The Suite Life of Zack and Cody” on TV. I love being the Frisbee and playing with my friends. I just love that flying through the air feeling! The other thing that I am really good at is being a surfboard or raft and going down the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers! I have even been a kite and flown through the St. Louis Arch! It is fun to be “flat”, travel, and do so many different things!


2 comments:

Heather Weisse Walsh said...

Welcome Mrs. Wilkinson's 1st Graders! We're so excited you're participating in this project!

Rebecca said...

I'm really glad you are participating in the Flat Stanley videoconference project! Many St. Louis area schools are, and that's wonderful.

Rebecca Morrison
Cooperating School Districts
St. Louis, Missouri